I download the DraStic DS Emulator app the other day from Google Play for my Galaxy Note II. I took a chance and bought the full version. No tell a lie, to be fair thats not entirely true. I didn’t know there was a demo version otherwise I would have tried this first as I have tried other DS Emulators running on Android and they were bad. The other emulators I tried were soooo slow, in fact I would say way beyond silly slooow (Lowest speed imaginable, Silly Slow). I couldn’t see why anyone would release a app that bad, whats the point?
However the DraStic DS Emulator is far from silly it runs every Rom I have tried so far at full speed and very smoothly without any graphical glitches or frame tares. The sounds is also perfect with no pops or farts. The only downside I have found so far is with the on screen controls which are a little awkward. Don’t get me wrong they work fine and are quite responsive within the game. Its just that if your concentrating on the game your thumb tends to wonder of the emulated stick and you then have to move it back. What other way would there be to solve this problem? <– Just an idea on this, Wonder if a Micro USB to USB Adapter with a joypad plugged in would work (i’ll let you know . . . . . On Ebay Now)
Ok so I have just bought a: USB Retro Game Pad for £3.45 Delivered. I’ll let you know How I get on, if its any good or not. I already have a USB thingymijig.
The DraStic Emulator also supports following features:
– Customize the placement and size of the DS screens, for portrait and landscape modes
– Fully supports add-on controllers, and physical controls in devices like nVidia Shield and Xperia Play <– Ok sounds good for my joypad.
– Save and resume your progress anywhere with save states
– Tweak your gaming experience with a database of thousands of cheat codes
– Synchronize your save games with your online Google Drive space. <– Very handy feature. I’m alwasy wiping my phone.
– Increase emulation speed with fast-forward
NOTE: Android devices using Tegra 2 are not supported by this emulator.